General FAQ

Admission Information and Requirements

Current UF Students

If you are currently a UF student enrolled in another program and/or college, please contact us at to discuss enrollment options.

All Other Applicants:

Please see your respective program website admission information for details on minimum admission requirements.

All graduate programs require a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent. If you do not know if you meet this requirement, email before submitting an application.

Computer Requirements

  • Students must comply with the standard UF Computer and Software Requirements.
  • AOL Users: The AOL browser does not properly display the web pages for the online courses nor does it function properly when using the proxy server to connect to the library. If you use AOL to connect to the internet, you must use either Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.
  • Proxy Server: For information and instructions about accessing the library’s resources through the proxy server, please consult the library’s help page on the topic.
  • Please fill out Applications to our programs, registration requests, and all other forms on a computer or laptop. Some students cannot see all necessary information on their iPhone, iPad, or tablet.

Current Student Information

Dropping a Course – Before Drop/Add ends

  • It is the student’s responsibility to know the deadline to drop a course without fee liability. That information is published on the critical dates page for your program.
  • If a course is dropped before the drop/add deadline, the charges will be removed and the course will not be listed on the student’s transcript. It will be as though the student was never registered for the course.
  • Submit a request to drop a course(s) with our drop/withdraw form.
  • Do not drop your courses in OneUF.
  • You cannot drop your course by contacting your course instructor.

Dropping a Course – After Drop/Add has ended

  • If it is after the drop/add deadline, the student will be liable for all course tuition and a W will appear on his or her transcripts.
  • Submit a request to drop a course(s) here
  • The Registration Team will then contact you with further instructions.

Enrollment Verification

Finding Your UFID

  • UFIDs are sent to students with their admissions letters.
  • If you forget or cannot locate your eight digit UFID, use the UFID Identifier.

Name Change

If your name has changed or if your name is not correct in UF’s system, please contact us at for further instructions.

Obtaining a Gator1 ID Card

Please visit Gator1 Central for instructions on obtaining a Gator1 for distance education students.

Receiving an Incomplete in a Course

Incompletes are only awarded under specific circumstances at the discretion of the instructor.

  • You must contact the instructor of the course in which you would like to request an Incomplete (I). The instructors will then give you any further instructions.
  • It is not guaranteed that an Incomplete will be granted.
  • If you are granted an Incomplete, DO NOT re-register for the course. Instead, email before the semester in which you will be completing the course. The Registration Team will give you access to eLearning.


Transcripts are not automatically sent to the student after each term and must be requested by the student.

To view your unofficial transcripts:

Go to OneUF > click on “Transcripts” > click on “Current Students” > login with your Gatorlink username and password > click on “View and/or print my unofficial transcript.”

To order your official transcripts:

Go to OneUF > click on “Transcripts” > click on “Current Students” or “Former Students” > follow the steps to order your official transcripts from the registrar.

Library Access

Distance Education and UF Online Students enjoy the same library privileges as on-campus students.
To utilize the University of Florida Library System, click here!


Paying for your courses

  • Tuition must be paid in full by the tuition deadline posted in critical dates
  • Our programs do not accept partial payments or offer payment plans
  • Failure to pay in full by the payment deadline will result in losing access to your courses

Financial Aid Eligibility

Master’s students are eligible for private and federal loans. Nondegree seeking and certificate students are not eligible for federal financial aid but might be eligible for private loans. Please contact our Financial Aid Coordinator about possible private student loan eligibility (contact info. on program website).

  • Students seeking Federal Student Loans must complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application as early as possible.
  • Financial aid applicants are responsible for ensuring the timely completion of several steps through FAFSA and UF’s OneUF system in order for funds to be disbursed by the tuition due date.
  • Minimum credits for eligibility for federal financial aid:
    • Fall & Spring = 5 credits
    • Summer = 4 credits

For more information or questions regarding financial aid please contact your financial aid coordinator (contact info. listed on your program website).

Veterans Affairs and Military Students

Accessing the 1098-tax form

  • An IRS Tax Form 1098-T is produced each January for the immediate prior year showing qualified tuition paid and scholarships/fellowships received. The form is mailed to your permanent address unless you have opted to receive it electronically.
  • Your 1098-T is available for viewing beginning in mid-February.
  • To access it, please go to MyUFL > My Campus Finances > View 1098-T.

Grade Requirements and Transfer of Credit

Certificate Students

  • All required courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
  • In order to complete the certificate, students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 (B average) or higher.
  • Contact if you have specific questions about your grades or GPA.

Master’s Students

  • If you are a master’s student, passing is a grade of “C” or higher.
  • All master’s students must maintain an overall grade point average of a 3.0 to avoid academic probation and in order to graduate.
  • Contact if you have specific questions about your grades or GPA.

Transferring Credit from Another Institution into Your Master’s Degree

If you have graduate credit from another institution you may transfer up to, but no more than, nine credits to fulfill credit at the University of Florida within your master’s program.

To request a transfer of credit from another institution, email with the following information:

  • The name of your previous institution
  • The course name/number from your previous institution
  • The term/year the course was completed
  • The course in our program for which you think the credits will satisfy
  • A copy of your transcripts (unofficial is fine); or a notification that we already have them on file
  • A syllabus for the course that you would like to transfer from
  • If approved by your academic unit, official transcripts must be received before the transfer credit request can be processed.

Only master’s students are eligible to transfer credits into their MS program at the University of Florida from another institution. Certificate students cannot transfer credits from another institution to satisfy degree requirements.

Transferring Credit into a Masters Degree

  • If you are a graduate certificate or nondegree seeking student, you must earn a “B” or higher in order for the credit to transfer to a masters degree.
  • A maximum of 15 credits earned as a nondegree or certificate student can be transferred into a masters degree
  • The Registration Team will process your transfer credit request once your first semester as a master’s student is underway. This transfer should be reflected on your UF transcript by the end of your first term as a masters student.

Courses taken as a nondegree seeking student cannot be officially transferred into a certificate program. However, these courses can be used to satisfy course requirements.


Graduation and Applying to Graduate

  • In your final semester, students must apply to graduate by the deadline posted in critical dates.
    • Apply to graduate with your degree or certificate on OneUF under My Record, Certificate/Degree Application
  • Diplomas and Certificates are mailed out approximately 8-10 weeks after the semester ends.
  • In order to be eligible to graduate, students must meet the following criteria:
    • all required courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher
    • Certificate students must have an overall GPA or 3.0 or higher
    • Masters students must have an overall and major GPA of 3.0 or higher
    • There may be additional requirements per program
    • Contact if you have any questions regarding these policies


Click here for instructions on how to clear your UF holds

Emergency Contact Hold

This hold is placed on your account each semester and must be cleared in order to register.

Local Address Hold

This hold is placed on your account each semester and must be cleared in order to register.

Registration Preparation Hold

This hold is placed on your account each semester and must be cleared in order to register.

Campus Clarity

“Think About It” is an interactive online training course designed and distributed by CampusClarity. The goal of the training module is to help students make healthy decisions and promote a positive and safe culture on and off campus.  This is a one-time hold applied to student’s records after they register for their first term.  It is a requirement for all UF students including those in our online graduate programs.

Immunization Hold

Distance programs are exempt from this hold. If you have it, please email to request to have it removed.

Mandatory Health Insurance

Most distance programs are exempt from this hold. If you have it, please email to determine if it applies to you or should be removed.

International Health Insurance

Distance programs are exempt from this hold. If you have it, please email to request to have it removed.

Exit Interview Hold

If you are using federal financial aid and you skip a term, withdraw from a semester, or graduate you will have to complete an Exit Interview. This hold must be cleared before you can obtain a transcript or register for any further courses.


How to Register

Our students do not register through OneUF. Please see your program website to register for courses, or use our portal.

Accessing Courses

  • You will be able to access your course through our e-Learning site.
  • You will be able to access your course on the first day of classes each term.
  • You may be able to see your course title in e-Learning before the first day of classes, but you will not be able to view course materials until classes officially begin.
  • If you do not pay your tuition and fees in full by the fee payment deadline, you will lose access to e-Learning.