IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS
Please read this ENTIRE page and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Failure to do so could result in not graduating or receiving your diploma.
Applying to graduate – In order to graduate, you MUST apply to graduate in Student Self Service by the deadline posted in “Critical Dates.”
How to submit the degree application: Please click on the following link to submit your graduation application in Student Self Service: https://student.ufl.edu/. Click on “My Record” on the left side of the page, click on Certificate/Degree Application,” and provide the requested information.
- Students graduating with their Master’s degree select Add Degree Application
- Students graduating with their certificate select Add Certificate Application
- Students graduating in the Summer term MUST select Summer B/C (not Summer A!)
Qualifying to graduate: In order to graduate, you must meet the following conditions:
- Completion of all required courses and necessary electives
- Only courses completed with a grade of C or higher can be counted toward a degree or graduate certificate
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- If you have an Incomplete in any course, please contact your instructor immediately to ensure completion of the coursework on time.
- If you are not sure if you meet the above qualifications, email email@example.com
Make sure you do not owe the university any money! Satisfy all financial obligations (fines, tickets, fees, etc.) with the University Bursar. Your final grades, transcripts and diploma will not be released until all debt are paid. All emergency or short-term loans from the college and university must also be paid before graduation. You can view and pay any current charges due on Student Self Service under University Bursar.
Did you receive financial aid? If you received financial aid, you will need to complete an exit interview. Your final grades, transcripts and diploma will not be released until this is done.
- Follow these instructions to complete an exit interview
Go to Student Self Service
Click on “Financial Services” from the Online Services menu on the left
Click on “Exit Counseling Student Loan”
If you don’t remember your pin, call loan services at 352-392-0737
The commencement ceremony: All students graduating with their Master’s degree from the University of Florida are welcome to attend commencement. Check the Registrar’s website for important information regarding the commencement ceremony, including the schedule, information for graduates, information for guests, and more. You do not have to attend the graduation ceremony in order to graduate.
Graduates attending commencement need to order and pick up their caps, gowns and hoods from the University of Florida Visitor Center/Bookstore. Information regarding cap, gown and hood rental can be found here.
- When picking up your regalia from the Bookstore, make sure you receive a gown, cap, tassel and hood.
Diplomas: Diplomas will not be handed out at graduation. The Office of the University Registrar will mail diplomas to your permanent address on file with the University of Florida approximately 8 to 10 weeks after graduation. Diplomas measure 11 ¾” high by 16” wide
Make sure your permanent address is correct in the UF Directory by following these steps:
- Log into MyUfl
Under Main Menu, My Account
Select Update Directory Information